Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

First attempt...

I found a pattern online to sew cycling hats, and I thought I'd try one out. I probably wouldn't wear one myself because I'd look like a fool, but if this pattern worked out I'd make one for Mickey and possibly a few more for others. 

So here's my first attempt just in black until I got the pattern right. I didn't like the pattern from the beginning–how the top is made of four parts that taper at the top instead of being made up of three larger parts like regular caps. And also the brim is way too big, even though I traced Mickey's other hat.... Hopefully I can figure out a new pattern this weekend. 

5 comments:

Daryl said...

Looks great for your first try!!

Garrett said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
W A L L A C E said...

oooooh i want one...holler if you're makin mo ferreal. i'm RV-ing to Chi-town maybe this Summer. Hopefully...

Dean Grey said...

EB!

The hat looks great!

Very nerdy....in a very cool way!

Do you make them in men's too?

-Dean

EB said...

I've got another coming that is much better, still working out the pattern though.

Tyler when I perfect it you can have your own custom....and RV!? WHoooo RV PARTY!

...and yes for MEN, this one was a trial run i just made to fit my head.